Healthy Hormone Balance with Vitamin B Complex – Dallas, TX
The Natural Way to Achieve a Better Quality of Life
As you age, you may begin to notice a difference in the way you feel and perform daily tasks. While it’s natural to experience some bouts of forgetfulness or even a lack of energy at times, if these become normalcy in your life, it may be that your hormones are not functioning properly. As a result, you may be tempted to see a doctor who will likely prescribe a particular medication that may or may not cause additional issues throughout your body. Fortunately, at Designs for Wellness, Dr. T and his team can offer a better, more natural hormonal imbalance treatment in Dallas – a Vitamin B Complex. With these simple and easy injections, you can begin to feel like yourself again and embrace a better quality of life. To learn more about how you can get started, contact our office today.
How does Vitamin B Work Within the Body?
There are many different types of B vitamins, each of which is designed to do something different within the body. From the brain to your hormones to your joints and muscles, these natural supplements help to detoxify areas of the body, elevate your mood, and improve nerve function and cell metabolism.
Because your hormones are constantly filtered through the liver, it is important that this organ not become inundated with toxins from outside sources (i.e. caffeine, alcohol, birth control, prescription medications). If it does, your immune system will begin to weaken.
By incorporating more Vitamin B into your body, this will help the detoxification process and allow hormones to be recycled or eliminated successfully and safely.
Types of B Vitamins and Their Purpose
There are various types of B Vitamins ranging from B-1 to B-12. The following is a breakdown of what each is designed to do within the body:
- B-1: Known as Thiamin, B-1 helps to produce energy and activates the first phase of detoxification. It helps to keep you focused and your mind less foggy as well as metabolizes glucose.
- B-2: By incorporating more Riboflavin (B-2), it works to improve thyroid functionality as well as convert many of the foods you eat into fuel for your body.
- B-3: Niacin helps to lower your cholesterol, enhance brain function, and it is known for its ability to convert fat into energy (ketones)
- B-5: Panthothenic Acid helps your body to generate new red blood cells as well as increase progesterone. It can eliminate inflammatory substances and affect adrenal hormones that can help you better cope with stress.
- B-6: Pyrodoxine should be taken to improve brain development to prevent feelings of depression as well as keep the liver functioning at an optimal level.
- B-7: Biotin is great for supporting a healthy metabolism and is known to help with strengthening hair, nails, and skin.
- B-9: Folate or Folic Acid is important for pregnant women, as this prevents brain and nervous system damage to the baby.
- B-12: Cobalamin works to create DNA and ensure your body’s nerves and blood cells remain healthy.
Symptoms of a Vitamin B Deficiency
If you suspect something isn’t right and your body isn’t working at an optimal level, it may be that you have a Vitamin B deficiency. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Difficulty coping with stress
- Feelings of depression (postpartum)
- Low energy
- Difficulty focusing or remembering things (forgetfulness)
- Difficulty conceiving
- Increased headaches and indigestion
- Experiencing nerve pain or a tingling
- Muscle weakness
Ways to Tell if Your Body Isn’t Absorbing Enough B Vitamins
It is not uncommon for men and women to lack B vitamins. While the body needs it to function properly and prevent a hormonal imbalance, it is easy to be void of the proper nutrients you need. If you fall into any of the following categories, Dr. T may be able to help:
- You take oral contraceptives
- You take certain medications (i.e. metformin, corticosteroids, statins)
- You are experiencing gut issues
- You and your partner struggle with infertility
- You maintain a vegan or vegetarian diet
- You have painful menstrual cycles
- You are experiencing postpartum depression
Why Vitamin B Injections Are Better Than Oral Supplements
While it is possible to go to your drug store and buy Vitamin B complex supplements, you will likely spend quite a bit of money and time. An alternative route is to talk to your OBGYN in Dallas about Vitamin B injections. Not only is it quick and easy, but you will receive exactly what your body needs to work at an optimal level.
Pills take time to thoroughly process and digest before being fully absorbed. It should be noted that just because you take Vitamin B pills doesn’t mean your body will always absorb them properly, especially if you have a gut imbalance. However, with an injection, the process is immediate. Going directly into the cells, the B vitamins can begin to work effectively, making it a safe and reliable solution for hormone therapy in Dallas.